About Me and My Blog

Hey there, I'm Connor, I'm 19 and I live in Kent, England. I enjoy photography, film, gaming, drawing, fashion, travel and all manor or other things. My blog is basically going to be me talking about subjects I enjoy so gaming, fashion and travel ect. There will also be little sort of day in the life blogs if i do something interesting say if I go on a day trip somewhere or away for the weekend, just sort of a little day diary of what I got up to so expect a couple of them :). Anyway, get reading, hope you enjoy.

C.B

Thursday 15 January 2015

Connor VS Cupid

Valentines, well well well, where do I begin; A time of the year where all over social media and in your every day life, now matter where you are, you see couples all loved up. Lets start with social media, for example; Facebook, Titter, Instagram and many more, you are guaranteed to see statuses, posts and pictures from people in relationships and from those who aren't, when it comes to those in relationships its always; I love my bf/gf so much, I've got the best bf/gf in the world, blah blah blah all that kinda cheesy bolocks. Now I'm not saying you can't post that kind of content you know freedom of speech and all, but after seeing someone express their love for someone else 100 times its a bit of a kick in the teeth for those who aren't in a relationship, I know some people prefer being single but then again there are others who would prefer not to be single, like me...

So for those of you who have a partner what do you feel you need to do for them; buy them flowers, buy them teddies, take them out on a date night, whatever you chose to do it doesn't matter, materialistic possessions are nothing compared to memories, ok maybe if you've been together for a long time and he or she gets you something that reminds you of your first date or something personalised now that is sentimental but a generic teddy holding a hear saying "I love you" or a heart shaped box of chocolates is just, well, I dunno but hundreds even thousands of people have got something like that for their partner, I'm not saying it isn't a nice gesture, its' the thought that counts am I right, but is it really necessary, I may be wrong, well to some of you I am wrong but this is just my general opinions and thoughts. Now I can't remember what I've done for past valentines on the most recent one in which me and my girlfriend at the time went round my best friend Emily's house, who sadly is no longer my best friend, but anyway we went round there as her landlady, also called Emily, was having a "Games Night" in which we would basically just go round there, get pissed and attempt to play articulate, cards against humanity, which I really recommend for those of you who have a very open sense of humour, I will do a separate post just about it for you. but basically go round, get pissed, play games, so we went round as usual played a few games and went home that was my valentines done and dusted for that year.

For those who aren't in a relationship, like me, I wouldn't do much on valentines, I would probable just spend it like any other day scrolling through Facebook, seeing all the statuses, or playing video games. For others it may be different but my little idea of a good valentines as someone who is single, if you have a female best friend or male best friend for the girls out there, spend time with them, doesn't  have to be a date but it can be a date night, go get some dinner, see a movie or just chill as friends, you never know it may go somewhere for you lucky ones. Countless times had I been out with my friend Emily and people had asked if we were together and it was always the same response; Me: "Nope" Emily: "Nooooooooo!!", like jeez am I that bad, but you know we were best friends and I know she didn't mean anything by it we just had that relationship where we could do or say anything in front of each other and it mean nothing, basically we were a couple, without the sex, we would do everyhing, anyway I'm going waaay of topic here but as I was saying, spend it with someone close so that you don't feel alone because there is nothing worse than being alone in life, as a great man once said "I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone, its not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel alone" - Mr Robin Williams 1951-2014. That's how I see not being with someone on valentines day.

So my perfect valentines or perfect date would really depend on the girl, now we could either sit there get a fuck load of food and watch An Unexpected Journey right through to The Return Of The King or something like that or we could go spend the day in London, get a nice meal out or have a picnic in Hyde Park then as the sunsets go on the London eye or up the Shard and just sit there, together, taking it all in. Like I said though it depends on the girls preference and if I can afford it but its the thought that counts right :)
 

C.B

No comments:

Post a Comment